If you’re getting married and trying to decide what to register for, go ahead and do future you a BIG favor and add this big ticket item from Williams Sonoma to the list ASAP. I am beyond obsessed with this slow cooker for a number of reasons.
- You can brown right in it. Yes it has a function called “brown”, which allows you to get a nice little sear on your protein on veggies to help develop flavor. Then you just flip the button to low or high and let it cook.
- It is SO freaking easy to clean. My last slow cooker always had to soak and then took scrubbing to a new level. This one is totally nonstick and allows for extremely easy clean up, plus the removable pot that you clean is very light weigh. Double Plus.
I’ve also recently discovered how great chicken thighs are to cook, which is odd that this is a new revelation for me because I am a dark meat lover of chicken & turkey but for some reason never realized I should be cooking thighs instead of boring dried out breasts. Life changing.
I honestly can’t even call this a recipe, so it’s more of a recommendation of a delicious combination of ingredients and a big thumbs up for Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde
What You need:
- Chicken Thighs – boneless skinless is what I used, you can use bone in and skin on if you prefer
- A Jar of Trader Joes Salsa Verde
- Serve with little roasted potatoes & asparagus
How to cook the thighs:
- Use your amazing new slow cooker to brown your thighs on both sides (400 degrees about 5 minutes each side). OR brown in a sauté pan then transfer to your slow cooker. OR skip the browning and just add it all to the slow cooker.
- Add full jar of salsa verde & bell pepper
- Cover and set to low for 8 hours
Images by Cassandra Eldridge of Cassandra Photo – www.cassandra-photo.com
Update: I’ve made these a few times now and each time they are perfection. This week I prepped 6 thighs to use for lunch during the week (image below)