Every week, as I make my Almond Milk, I find that my Ellie’s Nut Milk Bag is left full of almond meal and I’ve been brainstorming new ways to use this leftover food for weeks. If you are new to making nut milk, first off order yourself an Ellies NutMilk Bag and use code Almonds10 to get 10% off your order! I love this nut milk bag, its super durable and I can keep washing and reusing! Next, browse this super simple post, go buy some almonds and I’m telling you, you will be hooked.
As you know I’m all about action and specifically reducing food waste, so what a great place to start. This recipe is super easy and can be adapted a million times over, adding other things you love to switch up the flavors.
What I used:
- Leftover Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Homemade Almond Milk (use as needed if mixture is dry)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (half to blend in, half to roll the finished bites)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 large scoop of Cashew Butter
- 1 palmful of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Blend all ingredients together
- Form into little round bites
- Coat in shredded coconut
- Chill in the freezer & store in the fridge for the week!
The best part is there are SO many variations I cannot wait to keep playing with all of the fun flavor combinations. The second batch, which I made last week, included a big pinch of cinnamon and ommitted the cashew butter. The third batch this week included protein powder & peanut butter, can’t wait to share these soon! More to come!