Is there really anyone that doesn’t like a handful of salty popcorn? If so, I’ve yet to meet them. But have you ever added it to your smoothie bowl?? Thanks to LiveLovePop serving up some amazing inspiration for fun new ways to use their delicious popcorn, I whipped this bowl up the other day when I needed a late morning snack but wanted to use a few things in the pantry. The best part about LiveLovePop is that their products are low-calorie, non GMO, gluten-free, free of preservatives, vegan, & whole grain. If you love this recipe, check out my Blueberry Beet Smoothie Bowl from a couple weeks ago.
What I used:
- Small bag of frozen strawberries (from a couple months back when I had fresh strawberries that needed eating and I was leaving town)
- 1/3 bag of baby spinach – leftover from my salads this week
- big scoop of coconut oil, melted
- 1 whole avocado
- 1-2 dates (chopped for topping)
- water to thin as you blend
- sprinkle of coconut flakes (for topping)
- a scoop of peanut butter (or other nut butter for topping)
- palmful of LiveLovePop Sea Salt Popcorn (for topping, and maybe eating while you blend)
Throw all items (except the toppings and water into the blender. Add water to thin out as needed, I I used about half a cup.
Decant into a small bowl and add on your yummy toppings! Enjoy this sweet, savory, super healthy snack. Packed with vitamins & nutrients from the spinach and strawberries, good fats from the avocado/coconut oil/nut butter, and made deliciously crunchy with the popcorn!
Images & How to Video