Don’t you love when a meal looks fancy or time consuming and is totally delish but it was only 4 ingredients & took you about 10 minutes? Yep me too. This meal was one such dinner and I’m excited to share it with you.
What I used:
- 6 Chicken Thighs (Served two plus some leftovers)
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Masala Simmer Sauce
- 2-3 zucchinis cut into half moons (already cut these earlier in the week because I used half of them for this Coconut Ginger Salmon which was almost just as easy)
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s frozen Jasmin Rice (there are three packages in each box, 1 package is enough for two adults)
- In the morning I added my thighs to the slow cooker, opened the jar, decanted the sauce, turned it on low. Literally that is ALL I did. Eight hours later it was absolutely perfect to shred with 2 forks and devour.
- For the rice, poke 3 holes, pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes and voila.
- For the zucchini, sauté in a pan on medium/high heat for about 5-8 minutes with olive oil and a pinch of salt until golden.
NOTE: To enhance this if you really want to add another 5 minutes, add some fresh herbs to the rice like cilantro or scallion. Another option would be to add onions or bell peppers to the slow cooker with your chicken.
Literally took 5-10 minutes to prep and sauté the and heat up in the microwave and looks do beautiful, was super delicious.