This was a really easy simple dinner that I can’t take a ton of credit for, besides “dressing up” the pesto. Plus I got to finally use my Sea2Table salmon from the variety pack I bought a while back (see this post, and this one, for more about how amazing Sea2Table is and how to use your variety pack!)
I had planned to make pesto on my own but when I found that the grocery store was out of basil (what the???) I opted for this Giovanni Rana pre-made pesto sauce and then added a little flare to it when I got home.
One really easy way to freshen a store bought pesto up is to add a few fresh ingredients and blend. Since I was already going sautéed some kale I decided to add some raw kale to the pesto along with a huge squeeze of lemon, because lemon makes everything better.
Big shout out to Cappello’s by the way for the box of goodies! I absolutely adore their pastas which are made out of almond meal & eggs (that’s right, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, grain free!) and they taste amazing. I try to avoid legume so the lentil based pastas aren’t my favorite and honestly the Cappello’s brand tastes exactly like beautiful fresh fettuccini & gnocchi. I can’t wait to try the pizza crusts AND the cookie dough, will share soon!
To make this meal all you need is:
- Bunch of Kale (sautéed in olive oil/salt/pep/lemon)
- 1 Salmon Filet per person (pan seared)
- 1 package of Cappello’s gnocchi (plenty for 2 people)
- 1 package of Giovanni Pesto (I used Family size but had plenty extra to save for other meals in the week)
- 1 lemon for taste/enhancing the pesto
- Butter/oil for pan searing the salmon