Remember how I told you about Modern Oats in this post? Well I’m back with another post about them! This time, I went a rather unconventional route and actually used these already spiced up oats to make some realllllly yummy energy bites. They were honestly a little more like dessert than a snack for me because I’m not a huge sweet tooth so for those of you looking for a little dessert that you don’t have to feel TERRIBLE about and you really only need a little bit of to satisfy the sweet craving look no further.
I was inspired by this post from Gimme Some Oven and while I definitely didn’t use the exact proportions or ingredients it was pretty similar.
What I used:
- 1 package vermont maple modern oats
- palmful of chia seeds
- fistful of trader joes coconut flakes
- two big spoonfuls of trader joes crunchy salted peanut butter
- a small glug of local honey
- 1 big spoonful of melted coconut oil