I mean, basically the easiest dinner of all time. I’m definitely not teaching you any ground breaking techniques here but if you want a nice, simple, healthy summer meal here you go: Simply Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken, Zucchini, and Trader Joe’s Pre-Cut Butternut Squash.
What I used:
- 2 chicken breasts – skin on, no bone (easy for cutting & eating but the skin keeps the flavor and moisture when cooking)
- 2 large Zucchinis cut long ways into 1/4 thick slices
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s pre-cut butternut squash
- 1 lemon
- Oil/Salt/Pepper/lemon pepper
- Season the chicken with lemon pepper, oil, and lemon juice. Bake in the oven at 425 for about 35-40 minutes and then turn to broil for about 3 minutes to get the skin crispy!
- Slice the zucchini and season with oil, salt, and pepper. Grill until tender or roast in the oven on a baking sheet at 425 for about 20 minutes (flip to get both sides golden – the side that is down will get the color!)
- Cut the butternut squash into slightly smaller pieces, toss in oil, salt, pepper roast at 425 for about 30 minutes until golden.
Looking for other chicken dinner ideas? Check out these two super duper easy ones: Two Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala and this insanely fabulous Moroccan Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh Dinner .