Have you ever made Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata? I hadn’t until I was running short on time and was going to be out of the house for the whole day. I quickly scrambled it together and ended up pairing it with Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Rice & Sautéed Spinach for a pretty delicious meal on the fly.
What I Used:
- 6 Boneless Skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth (1 cup water + 1 spoonful of better than bullion chicken flavor)
- 1/4-1/2 cup dish of white wine (I don’t usually measure I just pour in a big splash)
- 1/2 lemon squeezed into the dish and then tossed in
- 1-2 big spoonful of capers
- 1/2 bag of Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Frozen Brown Rice
- 1 package of spinach
- If you have the option to brown the chicken first, either in your slow cooker like this, or on the stove do that in a bit of oil and pepper (no salt needed as the capers are super salty). If not just place them in your slow cooker.
- Add all of the other ingredients (chicken stock, white wine, lemon, and capers) and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- I ended up mixing the cauliflower rice with brown rice as I needed some extra carbs that night but you could easily just do the cauliflower. Either heat in the microwave, or bake on a baking sheet at 350 for about 10-15 minutes until a little soft.
- Simply sauté the spinach on medium/high heat with a bit of oil until lightly wilted then remove from heat.
- Serve it up with heaping spoonfuls of your yummy sauce and call it a day!