While I’ve really never had any known food issues, a year ago I tried Whole30 and really noticed that I felt so much better reducing my consumption of dairy & legumes. So, for the past year I’ve been following that eating style about 75% of the time, and in the past 5 months I’ve also almost entirely cut out red meat (for environmental reasons – here and here for more)
That all said, a friend recently went vegan and raved about it so I had to give it a try. I’m sharing a week of meals with you starting off with Monday’s lunch – a bowl of course!
What I used:
- Trader Joe’s already cooked lentils, heat up or eat cold. already seasoned and delicious!
- Roasted Sweet Potato Circles – cut sweet potatoes into thin circles and then bake with oil and your choice of seasoning at 375 for about 30 minutes (flip them in the middle)
- Figs – because I ‘ve barely had them this season and wanted to sneak them in
- Fresh Spinach for some greens
- Marinated Artichoke hearts – had them on hand and wanted to use some up since I’d already opened the jar
- 1 diced Persian cucumber for some crunch
- Not pictured: I ended up adding a dollop of Trader Joe’s red pepper/eggplant sauce to the lentils and it was soooo yummy!
Plus how pretty is this vegan meal prep??