As I’ve mentioned before, over the past year I have mainly avoided eating soy products but in trying to eat a vegan diet this week I figured I would do one or two dinners with tofu. I still don’t think too highly of it, but I bought Trader Joe’s sprouted tofu mostly out of not knowing a lot about what other items to use in vegan cooking!
So this dinner was pretty east, in advance of dinner I prepped a bunch of roasted butternut squash so I used that along with the tofu to bring dinner together in about 15 minutes.
What I used:
- 1/2 package of Trader Joe’s sprouted tofu (I had plenty for me, plus leftovers for lunch the next day)
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Pre-Cut Butternut Squash (I cut into smaller pieces and roasted, 375 for about 30 minutes)
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Frozen Organic Brown Rice
- Half package of Trader Joe’s Fresh Broccolini
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s Curry Simmer Sauce
- Splash of homemade almond milk
- Saute the tofu and squash briefly in a hot pan with a little bit of oil to crisp the skin of the tofu slightly. Then add your jar of simmer sauce, bring to a simmer and let sit for about 15 minutes. Add in the almond milk for a slightly creamier texture, the sauce is fairly spicy so this helps cut that back a tiny bit
- The brown rice legit takes 3-4 minutes in the microwave
- Saute or steam the broccolini
- Pile in a bowl and eat!
For lunch the next day I had this bit of leftovers with a simple spinach and avocado salad!