You all know how much I adore my local fish shop Wabash Seafood Company, one because they have this sustainability mission statement and because their product is just so dang good you can’t mess it up!
This meal is the epitome of how I think I want to eat going forward, although this is a journey and I’ve got a lot more to learn not only about my body and what’s good for it but about how my food choices impact the world around me.
Sadly I didn’t get any pics during the process because truth be told I was running around like a mad person in between searing the salmon, chopping the kale, roasting the sweet potatoes etc. In between using our shop vac to clean up dry wall dust and making sure my husband was getting packed for his last minute late night business flight.
What I Used:
- 2 6oz Wild King Salmon Filets
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Frozen Quinoa
- 1 lemon
- 2 sweet potatoes diced
- 2/3 bunch of lacinato kale
- 1 avocado diced
- homemade vegan caesar dressing
- For the Salmon: Lightly salt & pepper your fillets then sear all sides on high heat in oil (or oil and butter if you cook with butter) until golden. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top as it’s cooking
- For the Kale Salad: Remove the ribs and chop up into bite sized pieces. Drizzle with homemade vegan Caesar. Add avocado to the salad or on the side.
- For the Sweet Potatoes: Dice into small pieces and roast in the oven at 400 with olive oil and a pinch of salt for about 35 minutes
- For the Quinoa: Cook per package instructions (I usually cut one corner of the package and microwave for 4 minutes).
- Serve it up in a shallow bowl and add a huge squeeze of lemon over the whole dish. Enjoy!