I mentioned earlier that I tried using my new peptides in this yummy smoothie bowl, and of course, the experimenting didn’t end there. I had seen a pumpkin muffin recipe on @afreshlifewithcourtney using these peptides so decided to try something similar just making it a little more savory including butternut squash to make these muffins.
Now you guys know I’m not a baker, and I sort of despise perfect measurements, but I tried to follow along and did some subbing as I went. Below I’ll show you what I used and what she used!
What I used:
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Almond Flour (I wish I had saved my almond meal from this week but didn’t have a set plan at the time so didn’t)
- 1/4 cup of Trader Joe’s Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (I eyeballed)
- 1 tsp allspice (she used pumpkin but I didn’t have it)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop Further Foods Marine Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 cup organic agave (she used maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs (she used 3 but I only had 2!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic applesauce (she didn’t use this but I figured it kinda maybe sort of replaced the egg? I’m NOT a baker)
- 1 cup of roasted butternut squash – I used the crinkle cut ones from Trader Joe’s roasted with a little drizzle of oil for about 30 minutes at 350. (she used 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree)
Dump all of those ingredients in a blender or food processor (literally first time EVER using my food processor and well now I’m obsessed). Blend until smooth.
Put into a baking dish, I did muffins because it was easiest but you could make a loaf out of this for sure! For me, it made 6 large muffins. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, test with a knife to make sure it’s cooked all the way.
One other thing, she added chocolate chips which you could TOTALLY do, mine were a little more savory (think zucchini bread as the inspo) so instead, I left them plain.
What do you think?? Would you make these? I loved that they were full of good stuff, felt a tiny bit decadent but weren’t overly sweet. If you have kiddos perhaps this is a good way to sneak in some veggies while calling it a cupcake??
Ok, I wrote this post while making them and now that I’ve finished baking I literally devoured one before capturing a photo OMG I’m obsessed. Theyre moist, fluffy, and a little crispy on the edges. They’ve got a really nice fall flavor with the allspice and cinnamon, but it’s not overly sweet, just like I wanted. Now I just need a big batch of people to make these for….