A number of years back my mom had a great idea for this subscription box service, and while I thought it was a great idea, it never really came to fruition because she was busy with other businesses and that was that. Fast forward half a decade and there’s a subscription box for everything (like my beloved YogaClub Box!)
I was recently contacted about trying the GlobeIn box and as soon as I did a little research I was totally in. The whole concept for this box is that everything is made by artisans all over the world. They sell individual products as well as the box subscriptions, which are curated by an editor monthly with new items & new themes.
Their whole mission is to empower these artisan crafters (often women) by supporting their businesses while delivering you, their mindful consumer, one of a kind, original, handmade goods.
The most amazing part of their website is the Impact section which shows, by box, what the impact has been. Some of these stats are CRAZY, here are some of my favorites:
- Helped employ 85,000 farmers in Ghana.
- Provided 840 hours of flexible employment for 12 artisans in Thailand.
- Provided the equivalent of a full year of employment for 6 workers.
- Provided 19,650 hours of work for artisans in India, generating a 23% increase in annual revenue.
- Created 1 month of work for 19 full-time employees.
- Helped provide year-round health insurance for 60 employees in Palestine.
- Provided 14,000 hours of work for 20 master weavers living on a remote island in the Philippines.
- Cleaned up and re-purposed 365,000 water sachets.
- Provided supplies for 980 beekeepers.
- Donated 4,551 meals to hungry children in the US.
- Helped pay for school fees and meals to artisan families.
The awesome part about this company is that you can subscribe to monthly boxes, you can create your own, or you can buy individual items as gifts.
See photos below for the items I got in my Chef Box which included:
- MORTAR & PESTLE FROM INDONESIA
- TATREEZ APRON FROM PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES
- BERBER BOWL FROM MOROCCO
- WOVEN NAPKIN BASKET FROM MEXICO