You guys, I’m gonna have to make this again soon to actually measure and give you the right amounts of everything because this was a total throw together but it was soooo good. The right amount of heat and flavor without being overbearing. Slightly sweet from the coconut milk but a totally savory dish. It was full of veggies that all held up well and melded perfectly with the warm fluffy rice. I seriously can’t wait to remake this.
What I used:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half and then half moons
- 1/2 large yellow or white onion, diced or sliced
- 1 hunk of ginger peeled and cut into slices
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced into very small pieces
- 2 (golf ball sides) tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp (ish) of red curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 (ish) of soy sauce
- Add the carrots, onion, zucchini, jalapeno, chicken, and soy sauce together in a bowl or large ziplock bag and let it marinate for a couple of hours (I actually let it go for over 24 hours because my plans changed!)
- When ready to start the slow cooker, add the bag/bowl of chicken and veggies to the crockpot, along with the ginger slices, diced tomatoes, can of coconut milk, red curry paste, and a few sprigs of cilantro. Set on high for about 3 hours or low for about 6. Remove the cilantro and throw out.
- When ready to eat, shred the chicken in the sauce and serve over warm rice (I used my favorite Trader Joe’s Frozen Jasmine rice) and top with fresh cilantro!