We have been home pretty much 1 out of the last 5 weekends, back and forth between Chicago and California with a trip to Florida squeezed in there as well. This time of year we’re constantly traveling and one thing I’m pretty adamant about is packing healthy snacks so that I don’t have to pick between bad and worse at the airport (except for my favorite grilled chicken greek salad at Midway!). So I thought I ought to share my favorite travel snacks with you all because I’m sure there a ton of you out there who are in the same boat!
- Spruts Sprouted Almonds – I love the little packs, but you can also portion out a small amount into a little bag or container to pack. These lightly salted sprouted nuts are delicious, satisfying, and easy on your digestive system!
- Homemade Sweet Potato Fries – I always have these on hand at home so packing a handful in a ziplock bag is pretty easy. These are the perfect crossover between sweet & savory, and they fill me up without feeling heavy and tired. PS I’ve noticed that for the best flavor and texture (IMO) use these white sweet potatoes!
- Paleo Scavenger – this yummy granola brand is softer than your average granola and as it turns out, I pretty much have to hide it from my husband if I want any for myself!
- RX Bar – outside of traveling I pretty much always have one of these guys in my purse for those emergency hunger situations. they’re filling and delicious and I love that they’re chock full of good stuff and clear with their labeling of what’s inside. Plus if you have kids they make these smaller versions for your littles!
- Homemade Butternut Squash Collagen Muffins – healthy, satisfying, and actually filling. They’re made with coconut & almond flour, roasted squash, and a few spices so it’s all pretty clean.