Every year when my family and friends start asking what I want I tense up, draw a blank, and truly can’t think of a single thing other than some really bare essentials like socks. Seriously I am that person who asks for socks because that is literally all I need. And still, do.
But this year, I started making a list, before anyone asked of things that would be fun or useful to have so that if someone really feels the need to get me something I’d be prepared. I’d like to add on that I don’t currently NEED anything but I know this time of year people want to give and that’s part of the holiday spirit, so in that spirit today I’m sharing the strange and hopefully fun things on my wishlist. What’s on yours?
- Wireless Ear Buds – I cannot handle my headphone wires anymore, it’s 2017 I have an iPhone X why the heck don’t I have wireless headphones?? That’s all I can say.
- Food Styling Backdrops – like this one from Ikea and these ones from Etsy
- Food Photo Lighting because it gets dark well before dinner time here in Chicago this time of year and we all know losing that natural light is like a death sentence for food pics – I’ve read about a few that are good, like this one
- New Gloves – I had these ones from Ugg (well I still do but they’re like 5 years old and I could use a fresh pair!)
- Slippers – my husband has some that he wears all the time and I just end up puttering around in socks and have seriously almost had a few bad spills on the stairs soooo LOL I need something snuggly with a little more grip/support
- Garden In A Can – I have NO idea if I have a green thumb but I’d love to have more fresh herbs in my home and I think these ones are so stinking cute and they seem easy to start and maintain.
- His & Hers Quip Toothbrush – Cause they’re super cool
- Bose Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones – because our home is a loft and if one person is watching TV it’s virtually impossible for the other person to do anything else
- West Elm Planters – we need more greenery in our home!! I love these, these, and these!
- This Obama Coffee Table Book – Because I MISS HIM!!!!
And as a SILLY BONUS EXPERIENCIAL THING THAT I TRULY DON’T NEED…….
Ice Skating Lessons – this is a totally a throw in but I always like to toss an experiential thing on there in case someone’s into giving that kinda thing. If you know me well you know that I truly believe in a past life I was a professional figure skater because for some reason I know exactly what it feels like to glide along the ice doing all kinds of crazy tricks but in reality, in this life, as Victoria Cohen I have probably ice skated approximately 4 times in my whole life. So yea.