You guys know that I’m obsessed with Trader Joe’s salsa verde and that I’ve shown you my go-to recipe for chicken & carnitas using this sauce. I’ve used it in a fish taco salad, I’ve used it as my protein for lunch during the week, and today I’m showing you the most simple but perfect taco form. Using Siete Foods Almond Meal Tortillas and pairing these delicious things with a simple kale and avocado salad you end up with a really well rounded and filling meal that leaves you feeling light because all of the ingredients are so good.
What I used (for 2 people plus a little leftover)
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde
- 4 Siete Almond Meal Tortillas
- 2/3 bag of chopped kale from Trader Joe’s
- 1 diced avocado
- vinaigrette made of 1/4 cup grapeseed oil, juice from 1 lime, salt & pepper
- Place the chicken & sauce in a slow cooker on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours OR place in a baking dish and roast at 425 for about 40 minutes or until fork tender. Shred.
- Warm tortillas in the oven or microwave
- Toss chopped kale & avocado with the homemade vinaigrette
- Serve & devour before you can even take a photo like I did.